The Scientific Method is an organized way of answering a science question. While different teachers and scientists have different versions of the Scientific Method, here are the typical six parts:
- Purpose- What do you want to learn?
- Research- Find out as much as you can.
- Hypothesis- Try to predict the answer to the problem. Another term for hypothesis is ‘educated guess’. This is usually stated like ” If I…(do something) then…(this will occur)
- Experiment- The fun part! Design a test or procedure to confirm or disprove your hypothesis.
- Analysis- Record what happened during the experiment. Also known as ‘data’.
- Conclusion- Review the data and check to see if your hypothesis was correct.
The scientific method is used all over the world every day to make new discoveries.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD BY CLICKING HERE